Estate planning and corporate law attorney Gene Raymer (Retired) advised clients for more than 40 years. Gene was awarded the prestigious AV®Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 rating from Martindale-Hubbell® and concentrated his practice in the areas of estate planning, estate administration, business organizations, business succession planning, corporate law, and taxation (estate, trust, and corporate). Since 1988, Gene was certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law.
After first carefully listening in order to fully understand a client’s goals, Gene advised business owners, professionals, and others in the most efficient ways to distribute their assets to their families and other loved ones and charities. He advised clients in making appropriate choices among various business entities, e.g., corporations (C or S), limited liability companies, or limited or general partnerships. Gene utilized sophisticated estate and taxation planning techniques where necessary, and was clearly aware of a client’s desire for simplicity. Prior to engaging in the private practice of law, he worked as an accountant for a regional CPA firm and in the trust tax department of a national bank and trust company.
In retirement, Gene continues to be an avid cyclist and has logged more than 11,000 miles. He also enjoys sporting clay and skeet shooting.
- Estate Planning and Estate Administration
- Business Organizations and Corporate Law
- Estate, Trust, and Corporate Taxation
- Seasonal and Exit Tax Planning
Certifications and Specialties
- Estate Planning and Probate Law, North Carolina State Bar Legal Specialization, 1988
- North Carolina, 1974
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, J.D., 1974
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S., 1969
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
Professional Associations and Memberships for Gene Raymer
- North Carolina Bar Association Member, Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association Member, Legislative Committee of Probate Section of the N.C. Bar Association (1979 – 1995)
- Winston-Salem Estate Planning Council – Past Secretary and Two-Term Treasurer
- North Carolina Bar Association Member, Tax Section
Year Joined Organization