Cole A. Middleton
Cole A. Middleton
Family law attorney Cole A Middleton joined the firm after graduating from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2021. While at Wake Forest, he served as a research assistant to Dean Emerita Suzanne Reynolds on her family law treatise, Reynolds on North Carolina Family Law. Prior to law school, Mr. Middleton earned his undergraduate degree at Catawba College in Salisbury, North Carolina, where he was awarded the Sherrill-Smith Accounting Award for the highest GPA in Accounting and was a founding member of the school's Student Managed Investment Fund.
With his background in finance and accounting, Cole enjoys using these skills to navigate a client’s various equitable distribution, support, and financial needs. Cole A Middleton claims he was hired because he is a lawyer who can prepare and understand a spreadsheet.
Outside of work, Cole enjoys playing tennis and spending time with family and his dog. Cole’s view is that animals are an integral part of the family. Through the years he has regularly volunteered at the Rowan County Animal Shelter where he has assisted with adoption events and fundraisers.
- Equitable Distribution
- Child Custody
- NC Child Support
- Separation and Property Settlement Agreements
- Premarital and Postnuptial Agreements
- Civil Litigation
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, J.D., 2021
- Catawba College, Salisbury, North Carolina, B.A. Double Major in Economics and Accounting, Summa Cum Laude, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships for Cole A Middleton
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section
- North Carolina State Bar
- Forsyth County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- WFU Journal of Business and Intellectual Property, Staff Member, 2019 – 21
- Expungements Clinic
- Research Assistant to Dean Emerita Suzanne Reynolds
- Academic Engagement Program Leader for Contracts