Our estate planning attorneys counsel individuals, families, and business owners on important and often sensitive issues which affect the disposition and protection of their assets. Experienced staff members also help guide executors, personal representatives, and trustees through the administration and asset distribution process.
The knowledge and experience to meet our clients’ legal needs.
Our attorneys dedicate themselves to preparing estate plans which meet the familial and charitable goals of our clients. We realize that many clients have specific and unique ideas and goals regarding the disposition of their estates. Therefore, we craft individualized estate plans and do not simply rely on forms which may not adequately address such goals.
We draw on more than 40 years of collective experience in wealth preservation and tax planning, including the experience of an attorney who is board certified by the North Carolina State Bar in Estate Planning and Probate Law. Our range of services in this practice area is exhaustive. Our more routinely requested services include the preparation of:
- Estate Planning
- Administration of Decedent Estates
- Tax Planning
- Elder Law
- Last Wills and Testaments
- Living Wills
- General or Limited Durable Financial and/or Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Qualified Domestic Trusts for use with non-citizen spouses
- Family Settlement Agreements
- Various business succession planning documents including Shareholder Agreements
- Asset valuation freeze techniques, such as sales to irrevocable grantor trusts
- GRATS, GRITS, and QPRTS (which can be used as leveraged gifting techniques)
- Trusts and Asset Protection Planning
- Special or Supplemental Needs Trusts
- Medicaid and Long-Term Care Planning
- Minimization of Estate and Transfer Taxes
Estate Planning Newsletter
We provide our clients with access to a bi-monthly newsletter to stay abreast of current issues. Please feel free to download it using the link below.
Edward E. (“Gene”) Raymer Jr.
Estate Planning and Administration Attorney
Board Certified Estate Planning and Probate Law Specialist
Karen B. Malay
Estate Planning and
Elder Law Attorney