Business and corporate law attorney Terry Crumpler maintains a transactional practice consisting of commercial real estate, securities, corporate, limited liability company, and partnership matters, as well as mergers and acquisitions. He advises a major publicly traded real estate investment trust on an ongoing basis and numerous other commercial developers regarding business structure and organization and contractual, closing, and finance matters.
Terry has represented clients in the public and private offering of their equity securities and has rendered advice regarding numerous unconventional transactions. He has also completed many tax-free exchanges of real estate, including reverse exchanges and reverse build to suit exchanges and has assisted local governments and private tax-exempt entities in the issuance of tax-exempt debt to finance certain of their capital projects.
Year Joined Organization: 1986
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financing of Commercial Transactions
- North Carolina, 1975
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, J.D., 1975
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S., 1972
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- “Legal Elite,” Business North Carolina magazine
- North Carolina “Super Lawyers” magazine (Thomson-Reuters publication)
- Best Lawyers in America – Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law