Business law and litigation attorney Jodi Hildebran joined the firm after graduating magna cum laude from Wake Forest University’s School of Law in 2008. She practices primarily in the firm’s litigation group, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court. Her practice ranges from handling commercial leasing disputes for both landlords and tenants and assisting with adversary proceedings in bankruptcy, to prosecuting and defending clients involved in commercial, contract, condemnation and tort litigation.
After only two years of practice, Jodi assisted with the trial of a bellwether products liability case in federal court against a major pharmaceutical company, which resulted in a jury verdict for the plaintiff. She then acted as co-counsel for plaintiff in subsequent appeals of the verdict by the defendant. Ultimately, the judgment for the plaintiff, as remitted by the trial court, was affirmed by the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of the United States denied certiorari, leaving the judgment intact. During this time, she also aided the firm’s insolvency section in its successful pursuit of funds to use to pay the wage claims of hundreds of employees of the insolvent Pace Airlines.
In 2013, Joe Allman convinced Jodi that work does not count as a hobby, so she took up the guitar and has enjoyed every minute of it. In fact, she even joined Joe in the “rhythm section” of a multi-generational string-band called The Unbroken Circle.
Year Joined Organization: 2008
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Bankruptcy-related Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- North Carolina, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2008
- Campbell University, Buies Creek, North Carolina, B.A., History, Summa Cum Laude, 2005
Honors and Awards
- The Order of the Coif
- WFU Intellectual Property Law Journal (Symposium Editor, 2007-2008; Staff Member, 2006-2007)
- ABA Award for Excellence in Employment Law (2008)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine — “Rising Star” 2012 – 2018 (Thomson-Reuters publication)
- Triad Business Journal’s “40 Leaders Under 40” List (2017)