Commercial real estate attorney Jodi Hildebran joined the firm after graduating magna cum laude from Wake Forest University’s School of Law in 2008. Jodi practices primarily in the firm’s Commercial Real Estate, Business Law, and Intellectual Property groups.
Jodi began her legal career as a business litigator, where she gained a unique litigator’s perspective on the disputes that sometimes arise in commercial transactions and employment relationships. She now draws on that litigation experience when negotiating, drafting, and revising commercial real estate documents, non-disclosure agreements, and employment and non-compete agreements. Jodi also provides her clients with legal advice on general intellectual property protection strategies, branding, marketing, and federal registration of trademarks, and advises clients on trade secret protection plans.
In 2013, Joe Allman convinced Jodi that work does not count as a hobby, so she took up the guitar and has enjoyed every minute of it. She even joined Joe in the “rhythm section” of a multi-generational string-band called The Unbroken Circle.
Year Joined Organization: 2008
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Real Estate
- North Carolina, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2008
- Campbell University, Buies Creek, North Carolina, B.A., History, Summa Cum Laude, 2005
Honors and Awards
- The Order of the Coif
- WFU Intellectual Property Law Journal (Symposium Editor, 2007-2008; Staff Member, 2006-2007)
- ABA Award for Excellence in Employment Law (2008)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine — “Rising Star” 2012 – 2020 (Thomson-Reuters publication)
- Triad Business Journal’s “40 Leaders Under 40” List (2017)