Business and commercial litigation attorney George Humphrey was born and raised in Winston-Salem. After serving in the United States Marine Corps, he returned home to practice law and is a member/shareholder in the firm. He is a member of the litigation team and handles a varied caseload, ranging from the abatement of nuisances to zoning issues and nearly everything in-between. George also represents court-appointed receivers and speaks on various topics at continuing education seminars. He was recently involved in a civil suit against a national company which resulted in a settlement in excess of $1 million for our client. George was recently added to the 2018 list of Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of commercial litigation.
In 2005, George retired from the United States Marine Corps Reserve, having achieved the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, following 21 years of service. While away from the office, George is constantly trying to reach his mother’s level of culinary excellence, sometimes with a greater degree of success than others. George can often be found enjoying the great outdoors with his family members and friends, usually in pursuit of a variety of fish or game. He also enjoys riding road and mountain bicycles and exercising at the local YMCA.
Year Joined Organization: 2006
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- North Carolina, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan, J.D., 1997
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, B.A. 1980
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018, Commercial Litigation