Attorney Eddie Allman joined the law firm in 1979 in order to practice law with his father, Ed Allman. For a number of years, he has focused his practice on business and commercial areas, with a primary emphasis on debtor/creditor law, financial workouts and restructuring and business reorganizations. He is currently certified as a specialist by the North Carolina State Bar in both consumer and business bankruptcy law. Eddie has been awarded the prestigious AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 rating from Martindale-Hubbell® and has been listed in Best Lawyers in America since 1995. He was named Best Lawyers’ 2013 “Lawyer of the Year” for Greensboro Litigation – Bankruptcy. He also has been selected by Business North Carolina magazine as one of North Carolina’s “Legal Elite,” and as a “Super Lawyer” by the Thomson-Reuters publication of the same name.
Eddie is results-oriented, with a broad range of experience representing business organizations, individuals, creditor committees and trustees in a wide variety of cases including textile, trucking, furniture, discount retailers, construction, real estate ventures and resort properties. He takes pride in finding creative and effective solutions to complex issues. He is, simply put, a problem-solver.
In addition to his bankruptcy practice, Eddie serves as counsel to Forsyth Technical Community College, one of North Carolina’s fastest growing community colleges. He handles transactional matters as well, including the purchase and sale of businesses.
Eddie Allman is also an avid golfer and enjoys reading. He is a sports car enthusiast, having developed an affinity for automobiles during his formative years spent at his grandfather’s automobile dealership.
Year Joined Organization: 1979
Areas of Practice
- Debtor and Creditor Rights
- Business and Personal Reorganizations
- Out of Court Workouts
- Insolvency Proceedings
- Commercial Litigation
- Defense of Preference and Fraudulent Transfer Claims
- Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Law, North Carolina State Bar Legal Specialization
- North Carolina, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, J.D., 1979
- The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, B.A., Cum Laude, 1976
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers’ 2013 “Lawyer of the Year” – Greensboro Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Best Lawyers of America, 1995 – Present
- “Legal Elite,” Business North Carolina magazine
- North Carolina “Super Lawyers” magazine (Thomson-Reuters publication)