Attorney Kim R Bonuomo has practiced law for more than 25 years, having spent 20 of those years exclusively in family law.
Ms. Bonuomo strives to facilitate respectful and equitable resolutions of complex financial, family, and emotional issues on behalf of her clients. Her primary goal is to assist her clients in moving through a difficult situation to a better place. When litigation is the only alternative, Ms. Bonuomo demonstrates her prowess as a strong, determined, and passionate advocate for her clients.
Particular areas of emphasis in her practice include:
- Complex asset valuation and distribution
- Business valuations
- Custody and parental rights
- Financial support
- Premarital agreements
- Settlement negotiations
- NC child support
Prior to joining Allman Spry, Kim R Bonuomo was a partner in the Minnesota law firm of Moss & Barnett. She is certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in the area of Family Law and is a fellow of the North Carolina Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Ms. Bonuomo has extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution processes, both on behalf of her clients and as an impartial mediator. A decorated military veteran, she began her legal career as an officer in the Judge Advocate General’s Corp, U.S. Army. A frequent and sought-after presenter on family law issues for North Carolina CLEs, she has long served as a mentor for new attorneys and students interested in the practice of law.
In 2019, Ms. Bonuomo became a fellow of the American College of Family Trial Lawyers, a select group of 100 of the top family law trial lawyers from across the United States. She was also named to the 2020 list of North Carolina Super Lawyers in the practice area of family law, and recognized by Best Lawyers® since 2018.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist, North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina, 1988
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Minnesota, 2009
- Pennsylvania, 2014
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1988, J.D.
- University of Richmond, 1983 B.A.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Parenting Children of Divorce, Family Life Council, Greensboro, NC — 2004 – 2008
- Managing a Child Support Case, Basics of Family Law, North Carolina Bar Association — 2002, 2004, 2008
- Child Support Motions, North Carolina Family Law Special Seminar — 2007
- Post Separation Support and Alimony, Wake Forest Family Law Litigation CLE — 1998
HONORS AND AWARDS
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2006, 2008 – 2009, 2013, 2020
- Best Lawyers®, 2018 – 2020
- Ritter Award of Honesty, Integrity and Character, University of Virginia, 1987
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Numerous Military Decorations
- Minnesota Super Lawyer, 2013
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Fellow, American College of Family Trial Lawyers
- Past Chair and Officer, Family Law Council
- North Carolina State Bar Association Chair, CLE Committee, Family Law Council
- Chair, Domestic Violence Ad Hoc Committee, Family Law Council
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Fellow