Business bankruptcy is unique in that it touches on nearly every aspect of the law. Allman Spry has extensive experience in commercial bankruptcy and our attorneys have handled high profile and complex business bankruptcies in North Carolina and South Carolina skillfully and efficiently for both creditors and debtors. Our attorneys draw from the collective knowledge and resources of the firm’s business law, commercial real estate and civil litigation practice groups to find the best approach to resolve any issues that may arise. Our insolvency team has decades of combined experience in nearly every aspect of bankruptcy law and it works diligently to provide the best possible results for our clients.
Building lasting relationships with our clients has been and remains one of the hallmarks of Allman Spry.
Our representation of debtors in large corporate bankruptcies has greatly benefited our creditor representation in similar cases. We regularly represent banks and other lending institutions, Winston Salem NC commercial real estate landlords, trade creditors and creditor committees in various Chapter 11 reorganization cases and work-out arrangements.
In addition to serving businesses and creditors, we also assist consumers with bankruptcy filings and debt work-out plans.
In all of our cases, we are results-oriented and seek efficient and effective solutions to the problems our clients face. Although litigation is sometimes necessary, we invariably first attempt to find solutions that avoid the time and expense litigation often entails. Each case is carefully examined to assist the client in making sound, well-informed decisions.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Counseling on alternatives to bankruptcy, including asset disposition for businesses in an orderly fashion or through the use of a court-appointed receiver
- Advising debtor clients on the types of bankruptcy filings, including Chapter 7, 11 or 13, determining the Chapter which best suits each client’s needs and administering each case accordingly
- Assisting debtor and creditor clients with financial work-out solutions and negotiating settlements to avoid bankruptcies
- Guiding debtors and creditors through all aspects of the bankruptcy process, from adversary proceedings, contested matters, plan confirmations, asset purchases and post-closing disputes
- Defending preferential and fraudulent transfer actions