Allman Spry represents a wide range of clients, including credit unions, banks, commercial and residential developers and investors, public and private companies, nationwide retail chains and commercial landlords and tenants throughout the United States.
Building lasting relationships with our clients has been and remains one of the hallmarks of Allman Spry.
Our real estate practice group includes four attorneys, one of whom is North Carolina State Bar board-certified in residential and commercial real estate law. These attorneys have more than 90 years of combined experience practicing almost exclusively in the area of real estate. The real estate group also includes three board-certified paralegals who work almost exclusively with the real estate attorneys and bring a collective 50 years of experience to each client.
Commercial Real Estate Attorneys
We have deep experience in many types of real estate transactions, including:
- Negotiating and drafting contracts for office, retail and industrial acquisitions, organizing the proper entity for ownership and operation, negotiating credit facilities with institutional lenders, closing the purchase, as well as preparing property owners’ documentation
- Representing both buyers and sellers in complex, often multi-state, transactions
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial leases and related documents
- Effectuating 1031 tax-free exchanges (also known as “like-kind” exchanges, including “reverse” and build-to-suit exchanges), which allow owners to defer capital gains taxes on investment property
- Foreclosure actions for banks, credit unions and privately held mortgages