Attorney Bennett Rainey joined the firm’s Litigation and Family Law groups in 2014. His practice focuses on family law matters such as child custody and NC child support, post-separation support, alimony, equitable distribution, and divorce, in addition to working on separation agreements and other contractual aspects of family law. Bennett has experience from both the litigation aspect of family law as well as working with clients to resolve issues outside of court. Bennett received his Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2013. While in law school, Bennett served as the President for the North Carolina Bar Association, WFU Student Division, and also for the Youth Advocacy Group. Bennett received a B.A. in History and Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington in 2010.
In his past life, Bennett was a fish – swimming his way to and through college. As a scholarship athlete, he contributed to four of UNCW’s now 13 consecutive CAA Swimming and Diving Championships.
Bennett is passionate about using his abilities to advocate for his clients’ interests.
Year Joined Organization: 2014
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody and Child Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Separation and Property Settlement Agreements
- North Carolina, 2013
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, NC, J.D., 2013
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC, B.A., History and Psychology, magna cum laude, 2010
Honors and Awards
- North Carolina Bar Association, Wake Forest University School of Law Student Division, President, 2012 – 2013
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Youth Advocacy Group, President, 2012 – 2013
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Phi Eta Sigma, National Freshman Honor Society, Vice President, 2006 – 2007
- Eagle Scout, 2002