Attorney Bennett Rainey is a family law attorney focused on the needs of his clients who are facing life-changing legal matters surrounding divorce and family law including child custody and child support, paternity, adoptions, post-separation support, alimony, and equitable distribution at both the trial court and appellate court levels. Bennett also works zealously with clients to resolve family law matters outside of court in mediation and by negotiating property settlements and separation agreements.
Bennett joined the firm’s Litigation and Family Law groups in 2014 after receiving his Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2013. While in law school, Bennett served as the President for the WFU Student Division of the North Carolina Bar Association and also for the Youth Advocacy Group. Bennett received a B.A. in History and Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington in 2010.
In his past life, Bennett was a fish – swimming his way to and through college. As a scholarship athlete, he contributed to four of UNCW’s 13 consecutive CAA Swimming and Diving Championships.
Bennett is passionate about using his abilities to advocate for his clients’ interests.
Year Joined Organization: 2014
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody and Child Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Separation and Property Settlement Agreements
- North Carolina, 2013
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, NC, J.D., 2013
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC, B.A., History and Psychology, magna cum laude, 2010
Honors and Awards
- North Carolina Bar Association, Wake Forest University School of Law Student Division, President, 2012 – 2013
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Youth Advocacy Group, President, 2012 – 2013
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Phi Eta Sigma, National Freshman Honor Society, Vice President, 2006 – 2007
- Eagle Scout, 2002